Saturday, October 1, 2011

Squirrels a running in Fall

I've been seeing a lot of squirrels gathering food for the winter. I love watching them run around, finding nuts and goodies to bury for later. They are so cute and sweet.
red squirrel and the pine cone
Some are brave and sit on our front porch nibbling nuts and ignoring our dogs as they bark up a storm. I always know it's a squirrel by a certain worried bark that Penny, my dog, makes. She really gets annoyed by them. I think it's because she followed one too many up into the kids treehouse. Sometimes...

dogs in the treehouse

I just wish squirrels could always find away across the street that is safe...either by wires or tree limbs. It's very sad. Too many critters, and not just squirrels are causalities to cars zipping around. I wish people would drive a little slower. I really do think this is key is maintaining animal safety and especially human safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment